Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Awakening


“Don’t ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” Dr. Howard Thu

Everything in the universe conspires to help us awaken. I know John has said this, Paul Muller-Ortega has certainly said this (he, in fact, says, "the shakti will burn that which is no longer of service to you").

It is vitally important for me to remember this when difficult times arise. Lately I have been dealing with some internal stuff that has really challenged me. It is easy to just be down. Not that feeling crappy is bad . . . what I mean is that when I do feel down I tend to turn to stories like, "I am always going to be down" and, "there was never a time when I was happy," and, "I am different than other people" on and on. yes, this is anava mala healthy and well in my life.

Anyway, I have been studying the 5 acts of Shiva for a series of classes that I am going to teach on the 5 acts of Shiva :-) and I am remembering why myth and symbols are so vitally important. Like Douglas Brooks says, "these stories remind us, help us know, the deep complexities that live within us".

I sooooo easily forget that for something new to be born, for creation to continue occurring, the entire life cycle must circle its way through Life. The stuff that I am dealing with is uncomfortable, yes, but it is the dying, the threshing of that which is no longer necessary in my life. That which gets in the way of the new.

Wow, Anyway, this gives me so much hope. Reminds me of what joy and provision there is in the great cycle. On Namah Shiva!

I will publish my 5 Acts of Shiva dates soon!!!! Hope my students can get out of bed for it . . . you know who you are . . .

1 comment: